Apart from Supermarkets, Hilversum offers a large choice in specialized shops, like your local baker, butcher, cheese or fish shop. The choice here is larger and the products always fresh and after all who doesn’t like a quality product. We made a selection of our best local shops for you to try. Ready for a culinary shopping afternoon with our local heroes?
On the Gijsbrecht
- Gijsbrecht Groente, Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 152. A lovely shop with a large choice of fresh vegetables packed with vitamins. Ready-made meals and salads are also for sale here.
- Visspecialist van Middelaar, Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 181. Fresh fish, crustaceans, seafood, smoked fish, fish salads and more. You can order online and pick it up 30 minutes later.
- Kaaskamer Hooi & Klomp, Gijsbrecht van Amstelstraat 182 c. Choosing isn’t always easy in this shop with over 200 beautiful, pure and tasty cheeses. You will surely find your pick for a great cheese platter here. Try the locally manufactured cheese: ‘Gooische Pikante’.
In the centre
- Biologische Slagerij, Bussumerstraat 50. If you eat rather less but top quality meet you should try this butcher shop. The butcher chooses the best animals from local biological farmers. More into vegetarian cooking? They also sell a 100% plant based sausage. Who would have thought that!
- Alattin Supermarkt, s-Gravelandseweg 12-B/C. This small supermarket offers great produce from countries like Turkey, Spain, Surinam and India. You can also find salads or ready-made meals here.
- Goody Food, Noordse Bosje 11. Everything you can find in a normal supermarket but here it’s organic, eco-friendly and fair trade. And did you know they have been here for 40 years?
- Joop Sjouwerman, Kapittelweg 235. Fruit, vegetables, stews and mash, olives or nuts are for sale in the shop or can be ordered online. Orders from over €15,00 can be delivered at your home. Fresh vitamines and great service on your doorstep.
- Floor Poelier, Kapittelweg 125. Hilversums specialist in poultry. Chicken, paté, other poultry products and salads. And for their ‘kippeling’ you’d make a detour.
- Bakkerij Dekker& Winkler, Kapittelweg 237. Freshly baked bread, also gluten free and sourdough. But also for cookies and cakes this is a great address. And there are two more shops, one in the centre and one in Seinhorst.
- Voorthuis Optiek, Jan van der Heijdenstraat 41. Everything for the eyes, from (sun) glasses, contact lenses to eye measurements and accessories. Get an appointment with this specialist for a personal and professional advice.
- Alexander Hoeve Kaas &Noten, Seinstraat 102. Forget about your extra corona kilo’s in this shop. There are simply to many temptations in this place. You can find a large choice of Dutch, French and Italian cheese here. Also a great place for wine nuts and other delicacies.
- Hessing Flowers & More, Seinstraat 106. Holland is the place for flowers and bulbs. This shop offers a wide range of quality flowers, bouquets and other floral products. So make yourself or your loved one happy with a nice smelling bouquet.